This is a little mushroom knife I made for my sister. The handle is chakte. I made the brushes from squirrel tail. The sheath is made to be worn across the shoulder or around the neck. I wanted it to have a very organic look to it.
This knife was made by Seved Hjelm from Sweden. The blade was forged from O1 steel and then ground and finished by Seved. The handle is masur birch which is traditional scandinavian wood for knife handles. I wanted a sheath that had a firesteel loop so I made this one.
I made this knife for a roundtable at Ramanon.com. Basically everyone that is interested signs up and then names are put in random order. Everyone sends a knife to the person below them on the list. The knife I got was a beautiful puukko with leopardwood scales.
This is the knife I made. The guy I made it for loves wharncliffes so I made this one out of a little J Russell patch blade. It has an osage orange handle with a bamboo pin and brass lanyard hole. He made the sheath for it once he got it.
I also sent him the wharnie I made out of the Herders blade. I gave him the option of which one he would keep. He liked both so we worked out a trade.
This is a little drop point I did. The handle is stabilized maple burl. It has hidden bamboo pins.
This is the Nesserator and another small drop point. The Nesserator was an old cleaver that I made into a huge Nessmuk. It works more like a small axe than a knife. The handle is curly walnut with brass pins and red and black spacers. The drop point is birdseye maple with a strip of bocote, brass pins and red liners.
This is a Cold Steel Khukhri that I rehandled with zebrawood. It has walnut trim with red liners.
A couple other knives. A wharncliffe I made out of a Herders "mini cleaver" and a SAK. The wharnie has curly walnut handles and the SAK is cocobolo.
This is a Fallkniven S1 I got that originally had a rubbery handle. I didn't like the rubber so I cut it off and rehandled it with dyed and stabilized maple.
Originally I had planned on using these scales for an F1 blank that I bought at the same time. I was so dissatisfied with the rubber I started replacing it immediately. Since it wasn't a full tang blade I had to mortise the scales on this one. Since this was my first project I used galvanized nails for pins and some sort of aluminum spacer for the lanyard hole.
I got some different scales for the F1 but I haven't finished it yet. I want to use mosaic pins but they are expensive and I haven't gotten around to it yet.
I had a custom sheath made for it. It is a horizontal carry that has a Sam Browne stud closure.
After I got the knife back with the sheath I had more tools and experience so I refinished the handle. I'll post some new pictures here soon.