Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My First Knife Project

This is a Fallkniven S1 I got that originally had a rubbery handle. I didn't like the rubber so I cut it off and rehandled it with dyed and stabilized maple.











Originally I had planned on using these scales for an F1 blank that I bought at the same time. I was so dissatisfied with the rubber I started replacing it immediately. Since it wasn't a full tang blade I had to mortise the scales on this one. Since this was my first project I used galvanized nails for pins and some sort of aluminum spacer for the lanyard hole.











I got some different scales for the F1 but I haven't finished it yet. I want to use mosaic pins but they are expensive and I haven't gotten around to it yet.






I had a custom sheath made for it. It is a horizontal carry that has a Sam Browne stud closure.






After I got the knife back with the sheath I had more tools and experience so I refinished the handle. I'll post some new pictures here soon.

No comments: